Welcome to Paradise


Explore Shangri-la's Maldives Paradise
Explore Kookai's New Season Trends
 Explore Izzue's Monthly Fashion Review
 

 
His

Her

The Experience
Arriving at Shangri-la's Villingilli Resort & Spa, Maldives
His Perspective
It wasn’t going to take much to put a smile on my face after the journey from Singapore to the southern-most tip of the Maldives where the Shangri-La resort is hidden away. But the welcome we received made sure that my smile wasn’t short lived. Setting foot on their jetty saw a small welcome party quickly come to our aide and usher us into the arrival hut, where fresh coconut water was thrust into our hands, and we were assigned George, our butler for our stay.

It wasn’t long before we jumped into our buggy, and we set off towards our villa. The island was immaculately looked after, with buggy trails winding through palm tree jungles and the white sand of the beach peeking through breaks in the leaves. Our villa was just ahead, and as we turned from the trail onto the jetty, the scene took a breathtaking turn with us. A small cluster of Water Villas appeared ahead at the end of the jetty, perched atop crystal blue water. Beyond that, the calm waters of the Atoll’s lagoon. As we got closer, the white beach made way to the water, and schools of fish were playing in the shallows. I couldn’t wait to dive in and snorkel… First we needed to see our Villa.

George ran us through all the features of the villa, but in all honesty, his word were drowned out by the size and style of the villa. From the outdoor shower, through the his and her bathroom (complete with a huge bath – something of a luxury for a 190cm man), passed the king size bed and onto the deck with steps out to the water; this was man-made perfection working hand in hand with natures paradise.

My smile was still there… This is going to be fun…



Her Perspective
In the distance you see the clear blue waters, edged by white sand spotted with lush green palms. The boat docks, and you are greeted with smiling faces, and welcoming hands that grab your luggage and offer you a raise on to the deck. The welcome hut is inviting, with high ceiling and comfy lounges. You are handed coconut drinks and a bouquet of fresh, rouge coloured local flowers. It’s just beautiful, and the first words you hear from your butler is ‘Welcome to Paradise’. He says it one time, but yet the word sticks, and you come to the realisation that it is paradise, and you don’t know whether it’s because you have just endured 3 long flights, and a boat ride to get over, but you are automatically relaxed and feel at ease.

A buggy picks you and your butler up, and you drive through the tropical island to get to the start of a long jetty. The end of the jetty is lined with bungalows, and I take in the smell of the ocean and the wind in my hair as we speed along the jetty to our villa. I feel so relaxed already, and walking through our surprisingly humungous villa, with heart shaped spreadsheets scattered with local petals, and a verandah that opens out into the clear waters, I realise that, since a little girl, this setting is exactly how I pictured my honeymoon to look like. I look at my husband who is talking to the butler, and it’s the first time it really hits me. We’re married and this is our honeymoon. Unbelievable, it doesn’t feel real at all…







The Brand
Her Turquoise Scoop Back Kookai Dress
His Perspective
Farah’s turquoise dress is very funky. Its simple, but with her curves, it makes it look very sexy. I like it. A lot. She shops at Kookai quite frequently back home, especially in Summer. I know, because I'm forever standing out the front of that store waiting for her, the Tiffany (so I've been told many times) shade of blue from the store logo is imprinted in my mind.




Her Perspective
I had obviously been craving an island holiday when I picked my outfit. It was incredible to see that the ocean was the same colour as my dress. I love the over the knee length of this dress, it complements the low back, and I don’t think I own any other dress that fits me like a glove. Kookai is one of my favourite Australian brands, I love their clean, simple yet edgy designs (very beachy, laidback, and fun like any Aussie), and it always feels like it’s been tailor made to fit perfectly.

The Brand 
His Printed Izzue White Tee
 
His Perspective
I was on the hunt for a white T-shirt, and on our last day in Singapore I found one at Bugis Junction Mall. Not only did I finally find a good tee, I also came across a cool new brand - Izzue. Their items were casual but each piece had a certain edge about it, that was statement yet subtle. Looking around in store I also noticed the logo 'I.T' who owns Izzue, and it seemed also the connecting stores surrounding it, others include 'A Bathing Ape'. Cool little find, will be looking into the other brands associated with this Hong Kong born conglomerate.
 


Her Perspective
Tiago's tee was a new buy from Singapore, I fell in love with it as soon as he picked it up. I love a good tee, and the simple tropic design along the shoulders just seemed the perfect holiday island tee.
The raw dark denim on these jeans, and the dark blue in the tee’s pattern complements well. Teamed with Marc Jacob sunnies, the Portuguese chronograph IWC watch I surprised him with as a wedding gift, and his wedding band. Yep, perfect. You’ll notice my fav picture above, I didn’t even notice the views of the ocean during the start of the boat ride, as I settled on the lounge across from my husband, and took in this view...

 

About Us

"She is my inspiration and He is my life manager"
We are newlyweds. This blog is a His & Her Perspective on our travels and experiences.

Follow Us on Instagram