Our Own Tropical Island

Explore Shangri-la's Maldives Resort
Are you a #bebegirl ?
Explore P&B new lookbook

His

Her

The Experience
Exploring Shangri-la's Villingilli Island, Maldives
His Perspective
The tropical sun, the waves rolling in, the tranquil forest - it’s all very relaxing, but I am not the type to relax on holidays. I need to do things or I get bored quickly. So my mind was on snorkelling, dolphins, sharks, turtles… anything with animals involved.
We got out to the house reef at Shangri-La, and it was actually bustling with activity, from all kinds of colourful fish and coral, to rays and we even came close to a Blacktip Reef Shark. After this encounter, I was reminded about how quickly sharks can appear out of nowhere, and I kept having flashbacks to the Great Whites I had cage dived with in South Australia.

It was all very exciting, but I must say, it was the turtles that proved to be the biggest drawcard. They kept teasing us as they would pop up in the ocean near our villa, and time and time again I would dive into the water to try and catch up with them, but always fail. This would change on our last day, where we were taken out to another part of the Atoll and finally had our turtle encounter. I lost count of the number of turtles we swam with, it was really a magnificent experience, and was the perfect time to test the GoPro.

It was great to experience all this with my new wife, but I did have to share her with the staff, they loved her and said hi at every opportunity! I must say though the local staff were attentive and knew a lot about the island. There was plenty more to do at Shangri-La, including golf (they have a 9 hole course), the spa, amazing restaurants, water activities and just catching the sun on the deck of the villa. But for my money, it’s always nicer when you’re close to nature and you let it show you some of its wonders.

 



Her Perspective
You think of Maldives and you picture long stretches of white sand and clear blue water, and doing absolutely nothing. What I was surprised to learn is that there were so many things to do, from water activities, to cooking lessons, to spa experiences, to dolphin cruises, to village tours and the best part was that it felt like it was our own private island to play in! Our butler organised our daily itinerary, including buggy pick-ups to take us to our destination. Or we were provided our own bicycles so we could explore the island ourselves.

The food on the island was to die for! We were spoilt with a huge amazing buffet breakfast spread every morning. We had lunch served on our own balcony, and dinner was an event every night. With 3 different restaurants, from serving local and seafood delicacies, Mediterranean and Asian, or five star fine food we were spoilt with choice, and settings! Throw in there a Maldivian BBQ night, and scrumptious, endless dessert choices, and yeah that’s why I chose to wear maxi’s around, I needed all the extra room I could get to fit all this in – I had to taste everything!

Even though we did so many amazing things, the highlight for me was still the ‘doing nothing’-ness. Relaxing on our hammock, feet dangling in our own private part of the ocean, with the sunset on my left and views of the white sandy beach and tropical island on my right. Laying in the huge bathtub, scattered with local petals and never ending bubbles (how is this possible!?). Curled up on the white M-lounge on the beach, in the arms of my husband, under the stars, listening to the tunes of the local jazz player and the crashing of the waves.. heaven. Shangri-la really did find the fine line between offering luxury, whilst letting its natural surroundings shine through.

The Brand
Are you a #bebegirl ?
Her Coral Bebe Maxi Dress

His Perspective
Maxi’s. I’ve been told they’re in this summer? Well I guess they do look comfortable. Farah did look relaxed all the time. It’s also a really nice vibrant colour that stands out, yet somehow blends in at the same time. In a way, it looks like summer. I’m a fan of the maxi. It goes on and on, always giving it the opportunity to have some funky prints or patterns on it. This time in colour block, it almost makes an even bigger statement.



Her Perspective
Maxi’s are my ultimate chill wear. It’s zero effort, yet even with all that material it’s somehow sensual - really makes me feel feminine. I love this coral colour against my skin tone, and it seems to pick up different hues depending on the light. The cut out designs on the sides are subtle yet make the dress modern. I find that each of Bebe’s designs have this originality, making their brand always remain current.


The Brand 
Explore P&B new lookbook
His Pale Pink Pull & Bear Mickey Mouse Tee
 
His Perspective
Mickey Mouse. Disney. Disneyland. It’s all about making people smile. Bringing out the kid in everyone. Show me someone who doesn’t like Mickey Mouse and I’ll show you a liar. He’s cool and accepted as ‘good’ in all places. The silhouette of Mickey on the pastel pink I think makes a great tee. Reminds me of the 3hrs we spent in line waiting to meet Mickey mouse in Tokyo Disney. He’s. Just. That. Cool.


 


Her Perspective
Tiago really is a big kid at heart, he loves anything Disney and animated, and this T-shirt just fits him so well. Guys cannot go wrong in pastel, I don’t know why some guys steer away from it! Pull & Bear definitely do one thing well, and that’s grabbing a basic item and making it unique by rejecting stereotypes. You think Mickey Mouse, pastel, and pink. And think what? Definitely not masculine and trendy, right? Yet, Pull & Bear see past that, create a dark silhouette to offset the pink and find a damn good fitted tee with the right material.. and voila, I think this tee on Tiago exemplifies what Pull & Bear were interpreting.

 

About Us

"She is my inspiration and He is my life manager"
We are newlyweds. This blog is a His & Her Perspective on our travels and experiences.

Follow Us on Instagram